Sistema della Qualità
Prof. Nadia Carlomagno
Prof. Giuseppe De Simone
President Prof. Luigi Guerra
The Evaluation Unit performs the functions of internal evaluation (Law 537/93, 370/99 and 240/2010) regarding administrative management, teaching, research activities and supports interventions for the right to education, through the verification of the correct use of public resources, the impartiality and good performance of administrative action, and the productivity of teaching and research. In addition to Law 240/2010, ministerial decree 47/2013 attributes to the Evaluation Unit additional tasks related to the evaluation of Quality Assurance system in function of available resources, assessment of the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes and organisational structure of the University as well as improvement actions, evaluation and implementation of the Quality Assurance system for training, research, courses of studies and departments.
The Evaluation Unit ensures the persistence of quantitative and qualitative requirements for the initial and periodic accreditation of the courses of studies and the university branches. The Evaluation Unit is set up as an internal evaluation body of the University and as such, interfaces with the Governing Bodies and the Quality Presidium. To this end, it carries out a documented annual Quality Assurance system audit and policy-making activity, from which opinions, recommendations and indications regarding the University Quality Presidium and to the governing bodies of the University are dawn up. MIUR and ANVUR are external stakeholders.
The Evaluation Unit:
- carries out internal evaluation activities related to the management and effective implementation of quality assurance for training and research;
- evaluates the effectiveness of the organisation of the University, the courses of studies and the departments;
- conducts evaluations on the interaction between the Joint Academic Staff-Students Committee and the Quality Presidium and the subsequent improvement actions;
- provides guidelines and recommendations to improve the quality of the University’s training and research activities;
- assesses the consistency of the University’s quality assurance policy and its compatibility with available resources;
- assesses the overall effectiveness of management for the quality of training and research, including the effectiveness of the improvement actions and the related consequences;
- Ensures the persistence of quantitative and qualitative requirements for initial and periodic accreditation of the COS and the branch offices of the university;
- carries out, in conjunction with ANVUR’s activities, the functions envisaged by the current legislation, relating to the procedures for the evaluation of structures and personnel, with the aim of promoting, in full autonomy and with its own organisational modalities, merit and improvement of individual performances and organisation;
- puts in place any other evaluation activity required by the law with regard to university autonomy;
- communicates with its stakeholders in the ways and times explicitly provided by law and through the Annual Report of the Evaluation Team.