L-19 Sciences and techniques of education and child services
Corso di Laurea Triennale in “Scienze e tecniche dell'educazione e dei servizi per l'infanzia” [Classe L-19]
The course provides specific professional competences to work as an educator in child services, such as nurseries, infant communities, support centres for parents, play centres, family centres.
In order to provide the required knowledge, the course offers a training path both in the theoretical-methodological area, in a pedagogical, psychological, sociological and philosophical perspective, and in the didactical-experimental area, so as to guarantee the understanding of the child condition in contemporary society, and activate concreate educational choices in the relevant services. The course provides these professional competences organising its educational provision into:
1) core theoretical competences (referring to the pedagogical, psychological and sociological area), necessary to understand the child condition in contemporary society and pedagogical and didactical models already in place;
2) functional operative competences, necessary for the concrete implementation of the educational action in services centres.
Graduates will acquire:
- Basic theoretical knowledge and operational competences in pedagogical and methodological-didactic sciences, integrated with knowledge and competences in philosophical, sociological, psychological, legal, linguistic disciplines, and theoretical, epistemological and methodological knowledge of educational issues, including gender;
- Theoretical-practical knowledge for the analysis of social and cultural realities both at local and global level and competences to elaborate, realise, manage and evaluate educational projects in order to address the increasing educational demand expressed by social realities and services for the person and the community;
- Pedagogical planning, methodological-didactic, communicative-relational organisational-institutional abilities and competences to design, realise and evaluate interventions and processes of continuing learning, also through multimedia technologies and distance learning systems;
- Strong humanistic and scientific basic knowledge of the sciences of childhood and pre-adolescence education, aimed to acquire specific competences, transversal knowledge, methods and techniques of work and research, to manage learning/teaching activities and educational interventions in the services;
- Adequate competences and tools for communication and management of information;
- Fluency in the written and oral use of at least one of the European languages besides Italian.
Professional prospects include the activity of educator in nurseries and child services centres, socio-educational animator in public and private structures which manage and/or deliver social services (residential, home care, territorial services) regarding families, minors, elderlies, prisoners, migrants, nomads, and cultural, recreational, and sports services (youth centres, libraries, multimedia libraries, play centres, museums, etc.) as provided for by law no. 328 of 2000, and services for environmental education (parks, eco museums, environmental agencies, etc.). Job opportunities are also in professional activities such as, trainer, instructor and tutor in public and private continuous professional training services, in parents support services centres, in pre-school and extra school structures.
To be admitted to the bachelor’s degree course in “Sciences and techniques of education and child services” it is necessary to hold a secondary school diploma or other qualifications obtained abroad, recognised as suitable, according to the current legislation.
The amount of fees may vary according to the individual income bracket, as determined in the table below:
|Income Bracket||Gross taxable income of the previous calendar year||First instalment||Second instalment||Total to be paid|
|1||UP to € 31,000.00||€ 1,100.00||€ 700.00||€1,800.00|
|2||Over € 31,000.00||€ 1,100.00||€ 1,100.00||€ 2,200.00|
In case of enrolment/initial registration/transfer, the amount of the revenue stamp, € 16.00, must be added to this amount.
The annual fee can be divided into two instalments:
- the first instalment, of € 1,100 (one thousand and one hundred), to be paid together with the presentation of the enrolment application/first registration (if carried out before 10 May 2021);
- the second instalment must be paid by May 8th, 2021. At the request of the student who demonstrates belonging to income bracket n. 1 (see table above) the amount of the second instalment will be € 700,00 (seven hundred), instead of € 1,100 (one thousand and one hundred).
The student who intends to make use of this reduction must connect to the student portal and select “Income tax return”, in the “Personal data” menu, and follow the procedure indicated. One of the following forms: CUD, Mod. Unico or Form 730 of the year 2020 (referring to the year 2019) must be necessarily attached. Unemployed students will have to upload a substitutive declaration of certification (according to art.46, of Presidential decree No. 445 of 2000).
The student who intends to make use of this reduction must carry out this procedure before the expiry date of the second instalment. Those who have not submitted the request for reduction of the second instalment will be required to pay the instalment envisaged for bracket n.2 above.
Those who will enrol after 8th May 2021 will have to pay the enrolment fee (1.800,00/2.200,00 euros) in a single solution and submit the application to reduce the second instalment together with the enrolment.
The payment of the second instalment made after the deadline set by the administration (for those who will register before 10th May 2021) will be subject to the payment of the default fees determined as follows:
– delays up to 30 days: arrears € 30;
– delays of more than 30 days: arrears € 50;
Students regularly enrolled in the years preceding the academic year 2020/2021 must comply with the following deadlines for payments:
- the first instalment by 5 October 2020;
- the second instalment by 10 May 2021.
For payments made after the established terms, the default fees will be applied as indicated above.
In order to take the exams or other forms of verification and to acquire the relative credits, students must be up-to-date with the payment of the fees due. It will not be possible to issue any certificate concerning the university career of students whose position is irregular.
Persons with disabilities are not required to pay the second instalment of university fees, with recognition of handicap pursuant to art. 3, paragraph 1, of Law 104 of 1992, or with a disability equal to or greater than 66%. In this case, the total to be paid will be € 1,100.00 (one thousand and one hundred), to be paid together with the presentation of the enrolment application.
In addition, the costs for enrolment in IUL’s degree and master courses can be sustained by using the teacher bonus card.
After online enrolment, the student is assigned the credentials (username and password) to access the IUL platform.
Within the IUL platform it is possible to follow the video lessons at any time of the day and from any device. For each discipline, support materials (slides and documents in pdf format) and podcasts are available. The student is assisted throughout the course by a specialized tutor who supports the entire educational activity through the forum and responds to requests for further information. In addition, virtual (synchronous) optional meetings are planned which involve the whole class. At the end of each module, the student takes intermediate tests (study of single cases or project work).
Exams take place in person in one of IUL’s affiliated centres in Italy.
In the A.Y. 2020/2021 didactic activities start on 14th October 2020 and finish on 5th June 2021
|2||Pedagogy of ludic-motor activities for children||M-PED/01||12|
|1||Pedagogy of educational relationships||M-PED/01||12|
|2||Theory and technique of childhood communication||SPS/08||12|
|1||Research methods in multimedia environments||M-PED/04||12|
|1||History of philosophy I||M-FIL/06||6|
|Information technology laboratory||6|
|2||Foundations of childhood and adult psychology||M-PSI/01||6|
|2||Training laboratories for childhood educational contexts||M-PED/01||6|
|2||Experimental activities for early childhood||M-PED/04||6|
|2||Childhood educational methods||M-PED/03||6|
|1||History of educational processes||M-PED/02||6|
|1||Theory and methods of educational planning||M-PED/03||6|
|English language laboratory||6|
|1||History of philosophy II||M-FIL/06||6|
|2||Clinical psychology and early childhood||M-PSI/08||6|
|2||Psychological processes of child development||M-PSI/04||6|
|2||Cognitive and motor neuropsychology of early childhood||MED/39||6|
|1||Technologies of education and learning *||M-PED/03||6 *|
|1||Aesthetics *||M-FIL/04||6 *|
|Entrepreneurship and business planning||SECS-P/08||6|
|1||Italian literature *||L-FIL-LET/11||6 *|
|Social psychology *||M-PSI/05||6 *|
|General sociology *||SPS/07||6 *|
|Contemporary history *||M-STO/04||6 *|
* Student’s choice exam (12 ECTS in total)
- Registration period: 24 August 2020 - 16 July 2021
- Opening of ECTS Recognition: 31 August 2020
- Payment deadline for the first instalment for enrollments in the years following the first: 5 October 2020
- Payment deadline for the second instalment: 10 May 2021
- Application deadline for re-enrollment / ECTS recognition A.Y. 2020/2021: 28 May 2021
- Transfer application deadline: 28 May 2021
- Deadline for enrollment in single courses: 16 July 2021