1st and 2nd level Professional Master Courses
Management of social responsibility
1st level Professional Master Course
Director: Prof. Fausto Benedetti
Coordinator: Secondo Martino
The Professional Master Course, “Management of Social Responsibility” is born out of the collaboration between IUL-Italian University line and the Network GTC-Rete Europea di Alta Professionalità, with the aim of providing a dedicated learning experience for those wishing to acquire a high level of specialisation in themes related to quality, efficiency and productivity, while, at the same time, accounting for environmental protection, social integration, energy saving, ethical issues and social responsibility, in private and public settings.
The ability to identify and address needs in order to meet quality standards is as old as civilisation. This “quality culture” developed in parallel with scientific and technological progress which required objective and measurable quality standards.
Starting with Industrial civilisation and the consequent expansion of the trade market, on one hand, metrological compliance became a key aspect of industrial production; on the other hand, the concept of standardisation of products began to set in and resulted in the “assembly line”. In the mid 80’s, quality certification moved from a corrective to a preventive approach, creating the so called “systematic approach to quality”.
A step forward for the systematic approach to quality was the ISO 9001:2000 regulation and subsequent amendments. The above-mentioned regulation refers mainly to economic quality control. However, new quality standards arose, in order to satisfy a more extended range of needs, which can be summed up with the term “Social quality”.
This new demand increased the number of quality certifications, including for example:
- environmental quality; which is required to protect the needs of the present and future community, in the context of sustainable development, and which can be achieved through both system and product approach;
- quality of work; which is intended to protect workers’ health and safety needs and is achievable through an appropriate system approach;
- quality of information; which is aimed at protecting confidentiality and allowing a correct and effective use of information, within modern information economy. It concerns both economic operators and the collectivity of citizens as a whole, and can be based on both system and process/service approaches;
- social or ethical quality; which concerns the so-called Corporate Social Responsibility and the social issues connected with production activities in general. It is called, among other things, to protect the weak and vulnerable (by eliminating in particular the exploitation of the workforce and ensuring fair competition in international trade), to guarantee the correct management of financial resources and the protection of small and widespread share ownership, respect for laws, intellectual honesty and moral integrity.
This tendency towards overcoming economic quality control in favour of more comprehensive types of quality is now an irreversible trend. The aim of the Professional master course in “Management of Social Responsibility” is to form highly ethical professionals, managers and directors able to face up to challenges in quality, efficiency and productivity, while at the same time, account for environmental protection, social integration, energy saving, ethical issues and social responsibility in private and public settings.
The 1st level Professional master course in “Management of Social Responsibility” issues 60 ECTS credits equals to 1500 hours of studying, including self-studying, project work, final thesis, and interactive teaching. Each ECTS credit corresponds to 25 hours of studying, including synchronous and asynchronous activities, self-study and project work activity.
The 60 ECTS credits are organised as follows:
|Module 1||Energy management and energy saving||ING-IND/35 Business administration||8|
|Module 2||Management of social work||SPS/07 General sociology||8|
|Module 3||Corporate management of safety||ICAR/03 SANITARY ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING||6|
|Module 4||Privacy management for companies
|SECS-P/10 COMPANY ORGANISATION||8|
|Module 5||Management of environmental risk||BIO/07 ECOLOGY||8|
|Module 6||Management of environmental risk||AGR/15 SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF FOOD||6|
|Module 7||Safety at work regulation, risk evaluation and Safety at work management systems||IUS/07 LABOUR LAW||4|
|Module 8||Principles of private and public responsibility||IUS/10 Administrative law||4|
The total fee for the course is € 2,500 payable in two instalments. The first edition of the course is available at the discounted price of € 1,500 upon enrolment by 30/04/2018. A further reduction is available for the first 100 people enrolled who will pay € 1,200.
- First instalment to be paid upon inscription
- Second instalment to be paid by 31/07/18
The registration form must be sent to the IUL Secretariat (Via M. Buonarroti No. 10 – 50122 Florence) with the following documents annexed:
- a revenue stamp for the value of € 16.00 (sixteen / 00) must be applied to the first page of the form;
- a passport type photo signed in original on one side and applied on the first page of the form;
- a photocopy of a valid identity document;
- self-certification or original certificate of the qualification and final grade;
- receipt proving payment of the initial registration fee (50% of the total cost) made by bank transfer or postal payment slip to the current account in the name of the Italian University Line – IUL. IBAN code: IT 56 R 07601 02800000075042267, or postal payment slip, transaction number 75042267, in the name of the Italian University Line – IUL, Via M. Buonarroti, 10, 50122 Florence.
It is required to indicate the reason for payment: “Enrolment fee for the professional master course Management of Social Responsibility – followed by payer’s name and surname.
Enrolment is open until 30/04/2018
For organisational reasons it is advisable to send in advance the registration form by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (055 2380395).
For further information: IUL’s admission office Tel. 055 2380568/055 2380385 e-mail address: email@example.com